From the Salt Lake Tribune:
Lawyers typically aren't funny -- unless by accident.
Case in point: The following questions from lawyers were taken from official
court records nationwide...
1) Was that the same nose you broke as a child?
2) Now, doctor, isn't it true that when a person dies
in his sleep, in most cases he just passes quietly away and doesn't know
anything about it until the next morning?
3) Q: What happened then?
A: He told me, he says, 'I have to kill you because you can identify me.'
Q: Did he kill you?
4) Was it you or your brother that was killed in the war?
5) The youngest son, the 20-year-old, how old is he?
6) Were you alone or by yourself.
7) How long have you been a French Canadian?
8) Do you have any children or anything of that kind?
9) Q: I show you exhibit 3 and ask you if you recognize
A: That's me.
Q: Were you present when that picture was taken?
10) Were you present in court this morning when you were
11) Q: Now, Mrs. Johnson, how was your first marriage
A: By death.
Q: And by whose death was it terminated?
12) Q: Do you know how far pregnant you are now?
A: I'll be three months on November 8.
Q: Apparently, then, the date of conception was August 8?
Q: What were you doing at that time?
13) Q: Mrs. Jones, do you believe you are emotionally
A: I used to be.
Q: How many times have you committed suicide?
14) So you were gone until you returned?
15) Q: She had three children, right?
Q: How many were boys?
Q: Were there girls?
16) You don't know what it was, and you didn't know what
it looked like, but can you describe it?
17) Q: You say that the stairs went down to the basement?
Q: And these stairs, did they go up also?
18) Q: Have you lived in this town all your life?
A: Not yet.
19) A Texas attorney, realizing he was on the verge of
unleashing a stupid question, interrupted himself and said, "Your Honor,
I'd like to strike the next question."
20) Q: Do you recall approximately the time that you examined
the body of Mr. Edington at the rose Chapel?
A: It was in the evening. The autopsy started about 8:30 p.m.
Q: And Mr. Eddington was dead at the time, is that correct?
A: No, you stupid, he was sitting on the table wondering why I was doing