Classical Christian Apologetics
(How logic, reason, and evidence proves Christianity)
Someone was wondering if you have to throw the brain away to be a Christian or if it was something you could think through as you believed. This is an outline of "classical apologetics". It goes all the way from basic undeniable first principles of logic through to proving the Bible is from God. Faith is not as much about knowing the truth as it is trusting it. If you're crossing a bridge you use your reason to determine the existence and reliability of the bridge before engaging your trust in it and moving across. In fact, to try crossing a bridge without knowing it's really there is just plain stupid. Plato said "the unexamined life is not worth living." We agree with that and add that "the unexamined faith is not worth believing."
0. Logic shows what is true and what is false. Identifying false world views.
1. The theistic God exists
2. Miracles are possible
3. Miracles can be used to confirm a message (ie. as an act of God to confirm a word from God)
4. The New Testament is historically reliable
5. The New Testament says Jesus claimed to be God
6. Jesus' claim to be God was miraculously confirmed by:
a. His fulfillment of many prophecies about Himself
7. Therefore, Jesus is God
8. Whatever Jesus (who is God) teaches is true
9. Jesus taught that the Bible is the Word of God
10. Therefore, the Bible is the Word of God
Home -- About Us -- Links -- Site History